1. Amy Winehouse (September 14, 1983 – July 23, 2011) – Walking near her home in London about one week before her death. There is a lot of controversy surrounding her death. Some say it was due to alcohol poisoning, while others say it was due to her eating disorder.
2. Bob Marley (February 6, 1945 – May 11, 1981) – In this picture, Bob Marley is spending time with his family in Munich, Germany before passing away from cancer. In this picture, it’s said he only weighs 77lbs.
3. Brittany Murphy (November 10, 1977 – December 20, 2009) – Brittany Murphy passed away after paramedics were called to her home. The cause of death is listed as pneumonia and drug interactions. Her spouse, Simon Monjack, also passed away from pneumonia in the same home in May 2010.
4. Freddie Mercury (September 5, 1946 – November 24, 1991) – This photo was taken during the Spring of 1991, but by November he was very sick and eventually passed away from the AIDS virus.
5. Heath Ledger (April 4, 1979 – January 22, 2008) – Heath Ledger was found unconscious by his housekeeper and masseuse. When paramedics arrived, they were unable to revive him. The cause of death was due to prescription medicine abuse.
6. James Gandolfini (September 18, 1961 – June 19, 2013) – Gandolfini passed away while vacationing in Rome, Italy with his family. It was confirmed he passed away due to a heart attack.
7. Jimi Hendrix (November 27, 1942 – September 18, 1970) – This picture was taken the day before he passed away. He passed away choking on his own vomit due to being intoxicated by barbiturates.
8. John Lennon (October 9, 1940 – December 8, 1980) – In this picture, John Lennon is signing an autograph for Mark David Chapman. This is the same person that would murder him just 6 hours after this picture was taken.
9. Kristen Pfaff (May 26, 1967 – June 16, 1994) – Kristen Pfaff was the bassist for the popular 90s band, Hole. She was found by a friend after overdosing on heroin.
10. Notorious B.I.G. (May 21, 1972 – March 9, 1997) – After presenting an award to Toni Braxton in Los Angeles at the Soul Train Music Awards, Notorious B.I.G. left to go to an after party hosted by VIBE Magazine and Qwest Records. When the event was over, he left with his entourage. While stopped at a light, a black Impala pulled up next to the Suburban he was in and opened fire, killing Notorious B.I.G.
11. Paul Walker (September 12, 1973 – November 30, 2013) – After a charity event for his charity Reach Out Worldwide, Paul Walker and his friend Roger Rodas left in a Porsche Carrera GT. Speeds reached upwards of 100mph, when the car crashed killing both Walker and Rodas instantly.
12. Philip Seymour Hoffman (July 23, 1967 – February 2, 2014) – Hoffman had been in rehab before for his heroin addiction, but when his friend David Katz found him in his bathroom, it was apparent that he had died of a heroin overdose. They found syringes and other paraphernalia around his home.
13. Robert F. Kennedy (November 20, 1925 – June 6, 1968) – While running for the US Presidency, RFK gave a speech at The Ambassador Hotel in Los Angeles, California. He was told he could use the kitchen as a shortcut when leaving, even though his bodyguard advised against it. In the kitchen passageway, Sirhan Sirhan was waiting for him, shooting RFK 3 times and wounding 5 others. He passed away the next day due to his injuries.
14. Richard Kiel (September 13, 1939 – September 10, 2014) – Richard Kiel is best known for his role in Jaws. Three days before his 75th birthday, he passed away from acute myocardial infarction and coronary artery disease.
15. River Phoenix (August 23, 1970 – October 31, 1993) – River Phoenix collapsed in front of The Viper Room, a club that was at the time owned by Johnny Depp. After collapsing, his sister Rain, gave him mouth to mouth. Once paramedics arrived, they were unable to revive him. His autopsy concluded that he passed away from a cocaine and morphine overdose.
16. Robin Williams (July 21, 1951 – August 11, 2014) – He passed away in his home after committing suicide by asphyxiation. They concluded that drugs and alcohol were not a factor.
17. Ronald Reagan (February 6, 1911 – June 5, 2004) – Ronald Reagan passed away in his home after a bout of pneumonia, complicated by Alzheimer’s Disease. This is one of the last photos taken of him, kissing his wife, Nancy. They were married for 52 years.
18. Ryan Dunn (June 11, 1977 – June 20, 2011) – Dunn was killed, along with a passenger, after his Porsche 911 GT3 left the road and collided with a tree. This was the last picture taken of Dunn, as he was drinking at the bar before leaving in his car.
19. Steve Irwin (February 22, 1962 – September 4, 2006) – This picture was taken 2 days before Steve Irwin passed away. He was killed when a stingray barb punctured his heart.
20. Steve Jobs (February 24, 1955 – October 5, 2011) – This is one of the last photos taken of Steve Jobs. He passed away at his home due to complications from a relapse of islet-cell neuroendocrine pancreatic cancer, which had been previously treated.
21. Talia Joy Castellano (August 18, 1999 – July 16, 2013) – She became an internet sensation after appearing on The Ellen Show. But unfortunately after a long battle with cancer, she declined further treatment, and passed away at the Arnold Palmer Hospital For Children in Florida.
22. Tupac Shakur (June 16, 1971 – September 13, 1996) – This is the last picture taken of Tupac Shakur before he was killed in a drive by shooting in Las Vegas, NV. He was shot multiple times, but died just a few days after the incident.
23. Whitney Houston (August 9, 1963 – February 11, 2012) – After a long battle with drugs, she was found unconscious in a bathtub at The Beverly Hilton Hotel. She could not be revived and it was later ruled that her death was an accidental drowning due to cocaine use.