300x250 AD TOP

Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Tagged under:

10 Spectacular Wooden Churches of Russia

Kizhi Pogost

Church in Suzdal

Suzdal, a town and the administrative center of Suzdalsky District of Vladimir Oblast, is home to at least 4 spectacular wooden churches built between the 13th century to the 18th century.

Church of All Saints in Surgut

Church of All Saints on the ground Siberian Beamed in Surgut was rebuilt in 2002 by all the canons of orthodox architecture - a wooden structure without a single nail. And they gathered it on the very spot where the Cossacks founded the city and built the first church.
Church of the Nativity of our Lady of Peredki, in Vitoslavlitsy

The Church of the Nativity of Our Lady was built in 1531. It was brought to the open-air museum Vitroslavlitsy from the village of Peredki, Borovichsky Rayon.
Church of Elisha

Ruined St. Elisha church in Northern Russia

Church of the Resurrection, Suzdal

The Church of the Resurrection from the village of Potakino rebuilt in Suzdal. This church was created in 1776 and is particularly worth visiting to see the bell-tower, which is incorporated into the church itself, and the framework of piled logs—an old traditional method of protecting the walls from rain.
St George's Church at Malye Korely

St George's Church from the village of Vershiny, Verkhnyaya Toyma District, 1672, relocated at Malye Korely State Museum of Wooden Architecture.

Church of Our Lady in Upper Sanarka
St Nikola’s Church in Veliky Novgorod

Church of Transformation in Perm Krai
Church of the Resurrection of Christ from Patakino
Church in Chukcherma


Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.